National poetry writing month

National poetry writing month
A month of madness

Thursday 15 September 2022

rice cakes

 I went to a house the other day
was made a mug of tea
Tea coasters put within a bowl
and offered just for me

No leaving stains upon the top
no sight of tea spilled mess
I placed my mug on the disc
and now I shall confess

My friend, she started laughing
I could not catch a break
it was not posh tea coasters
But a simple plain rice cake!

What kind of friend would offer this
A cork shaped as a snack
The consistency of nothing
I gave that friend some flack!

Don't offer friends this treat
Only curry goes with rice!
Unless they are rice crispy cakes
With chocolate melted nice. 




Rice cake, consistency of cork 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You lovable weirdo