National poetry writing month

National poetry writing month
A month of madness

Tuesday 5 June 2018

I wish i wrote it down

Day 66

I am laying in bed thinking
between time of forty winking
A poem idea pops in my head
And now I wish that I had said

  Don't forget to write it down

I cannot fathom the idea
I'm lacking verbal Diarrhoea
I've lost the trigger of the verse
The plot in me I can't disburse

I really should have wrote it down


Its on the tip of my old tongue
The rhyme of the words unsung
Nope! Nothing there! I am perplexed
I think I really have been hexed.

I wish I wish I wrote it down

Must bring a writing pad to bed
And have a pen right near my head
So if I wake with thoughts of nouns
At least I can then write it down.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You lovable weirdo