National poetry writing month

National poetry writing month
A month of madness

Tuesday 8 October 2019

In me, in them

This sadness in me is a powerful force
Emotions high and low of course
I cannot be who i want to be
because my mind is never free
People treat me like dirty rags
Once was clean, but now frayed
They get bored then throw away
Small minded, minds of two
Minds only of their own goals
They use my Illness for their gain
But hate me when i complain
To be normal! To hear I'm sorry
Its hard for you in know this
But no. No words of comfort
Just spite and selfless gain
Do they not know i am insane?
Insane, mad, mental illness
I cannot leave the house like them
I cannot work or chat like them
Because i cannot cope like them.
They know this but never care
My inner thoughts i never share
I keep my demons to my breast
Unlike them. I now do jest
Maybe i should say and scream
I think of death within my dreams
For death follows me in my mind
And smiles at when you let me down






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You lovable weirdo