National poetry writing month

National poetry writing month
A month of madness

Thursday 11 July 2019

Happy Witchnot


I made the circle quickly,
I drew it on the lawn
Checked the moon dial quickly then
Magic will be born
That circle is quite wonky,
 looks more like a square
If squares were painted by a child,
 without that little care

Should  light the candles quickly,
 I  have the colours right
They'll flicker in the moonlight
and push back the old night
Oh dear the lighters busted,
there's dust upon its hinge
I fiddle with lever
 and then ignite my fringe

My brain it needs to focus
I need to do this hex
Lost love within my bed sheets
so blight upon my ex
My poppet's loosing stitches
My sewing does disturb
Its looks just like an old sock
that's just been stuffed with herbs

Oh please Hecate I ask you
please help me with this spell
I bet you're ruddy laughing
for its not going well
My witchcraft is now failing
My magic is unfit
And now my Dog has joined in
Its ripped the doll to bits.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You lovable weirdo