National poetry writing month

National poetry writing month
A month of madness

Tuesday 9 January 2018

Old age food.

As I get older the things that I eat
Well, they are no longer a treat
The older I get, the less I do I like
unless I want to stay up all the night.

I cannot eat spices nor things with some heat
For burning inside make my poor old heart beat
Must keep off the batter and pastry and oil
Or something below will bellow and call

Cannot now eat meat that is bloody and tender
It's got to be cremataed and put through a blender
No fast food, burgers or chips now for me
it causes indigestion meaning such agony

The thought of a pizza with way too much cheese
Make my old body shudder and wheez.
I now do hate chocolate, cadburies the worst
My stomache swells up, it feels it will burst

I have be careful about things that are tinned.
For way too much salt, it gives me the wind
And because of the tablets I now now take
even eating some fruit can be a mistake.

So starving myself I am sure is my fate
But sods law and I still cant loose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You lovable weirdo