National poetry writing month

National poetry writing month
A month of madness

Thursday 4 April 2024

Shoes

A bane when I visit a shoe shop 
that will fit a size seven in style
Can't fit my big lumps in a cool stylish pump
I lack any fashion Profile

Won't have any chance of some slingbacks
Or a delicate heel straight and high
No dainty in lace would hold them in place
as I fall on my face down the aisle 

Oh why are the choices so boring
I'm wide in the foot meaning beige 
I've been here since ten, looking mostly at mens
As their sizes go up to old age

Oh good this one fits, I'll buy twenty
There's a deal on the type says a chap
Not exactly the style, think the tartans Argyll 
With a nice reinforced velcro strap
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You lovable weirdo