National poetry writing month

National poetry writing month
A month of madness

Sunday 18 April 2021

Faces past

 I am not ashamed of my life
It's part of who I am
My mental health is part of me
it's part of my program

For many years, I lied a lot
Hid from my faces past
I tried in vain to just fit in
My phases did not last

I was self-conscious of my soul
My body and my mind
And hid my scars and thoughts of ill
As people seemed unkind

The fear. It's always inner fear
that stops all trust in you
A simple act of speaking out
It helps you to breakthrough

I am not ashamed of my life
It made me kind and true
I wish I was more honest then
And opened up to you. 












1 comment:

  1. You are right to be proud of that one, it is very good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. You lovable weirdo