National poetry writing month

National poetry writing month
A month of madness

Thursday 23 November 2023

Chimney pot

 Now we are in the new season of the annual "ruin Christmas theme poems and song" and once again I wait with baited breath for the usual fan prompts. So with further ado. 

Annie 'i will have an orange one' Mills had given me a lovely song called Santa is stuck up the chimney. Me too Santa, me too.


Something is stuck up the chimney stack,
  me dad began to shout
Well I can tell, just by the smell
We'll have to pull it out

Something is stuck up the chimney stack
  I think it's in the flue
He could concur, It smells like fur
A hint of barbeque 

Something is stuck in the chimney stack,
  Is what me father said
There won't be joy, no treats or toys
Cos sorry, Santas dead

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You lovable weirdo