National poetry writing month

National poetry writing month
A month of madness

Tuesday 25 September 2018

Night terrors

day 181

I sometimes stay up late at night
because of terrors in my head
They creep around me all day long
But ponce when I do go to bed,

These night terrors come in forms
A shadow figure stands and looks
I see him lurking in the corner
behind the case crammed with books,

Is it a ghost or in my head?
He rasps his breath is in my ear
His darkened form is tall and slim
The sight of him does bring such fear,

I call him Frank. I know not why?
He has been with me for decades now
I try and hear what he does say
When my sweat wets my brow.

I hide under my duvet deep
He rasps loud, where he does now stand
I want to turn my night light on
But I am scared he'd touch my hand.

But now, with hope I take these pills
They keep that Frank away from me
I now can keep the night light off
And drift away in sleep quite free


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You lovable weirdo