National poetry writing month

National poetry writing month
A month of madness

Monday 22 April 2024

Old age goodies

 

When you are younger,
you say, you won't get old
And yes we all think like that
but we could not be told
And suddenly the notion 
comes like a bullet train
A random catalogue
that makes you older and insane

It used to come in magazines 
or leaflets on their own
Of wonderfully random things
to help you in your home
And flicking through the pages
oh yes, you're now aware
That what was missing from you life
was an arm tray for your chair

Ooh look at all the pretty stuff
 I thought I would not need
A flashing welcome garden gnome
A tool for pulling weeds
An organiser spinning thing
for kitchen herbs and tins
Oh look at this, whoever knew!
Pretty stickers for your bins.

I never thought new tea towels 
would give me such delight
Or that I need a toilet seat
that has a built in light
I love these fangled gizmos 
Now I'm really of that stage
where I'm looking at the catalogue 
for products for old age.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You lovable weirdo