National poetry writing month

National poetry writing month
A month of madness

Tuesday 9 April 2024

Hot stuff

If kings of Leon were women of a certain age



Midnight, I'm sweating, turn in my sleep
Duvet controls me, annoys me
Open the window, fall in a heap
Duvets in muddles, in puddles..

Menopause, my ass is on fire
It feels that way, when I do perspire

Need to wear layers, just now in case
Cool when I'm hot, hot when I'm cool
Bet all the shops, have heating on full
Jumper regretting, I'm sweating 

Menopause, my ass is in flames
Oh lawd, I hope that it rains.

Going to Tesco, need something cool     
Silly emotions, weeping a smidge 
Feeling a hot flush, I get in a fridge
I will now linger, between fish fingers

Menopause, my ass needs to go
I've Been banned, from the local Tesco...


         












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You lovable weirdo