National poetry writing month

National poetry writing month
A month of madness

Sunday 11 February 2024

Troosers

 


I've just been working in the local town
It was foggy then frosty now it's peeing down
The usual shout I hear around is..
Postman! Where's your troosers?

Yes the rain may fall and the snow may bite
I'll wear me shorts from noon to night
I've got blue knees, but I'm alright
But they'll still ask bout me troosers

I've just seen the weather in the news report
A gale force wind is a comfort sport
I'll wear a jacket, but I'll still wear shorts
Nope! I'll never wear me troosers 

Yes the the snow may fall and the rain may flood
I'm up to my waist in some gooey mud
My whole life's work would seem a dud
If I started wearing
I'd be swearing

Troosers



I think the post man is called Donald.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You lovable weirdo