National poetry writing month

National poetry writing month
A month of madness

Thursday 13 April 2023

Antique dealer

 I first apologize for this poem for being in the same style as the repair cafĂ© poem. 

Retro, vintage, items old
Bring collections to my fair
Valuing I'll undertake
Prices for your antique ware

A lady bought some Clarice cliffe
The style is something finer
But close inspection I can see
It's printed made in China

A collection of FabergĂ©. 
It seems to be quite strange
Though sent inside a lovely box
The class was more free range

An antique tome, a book of kells
its cover looked quite old
But when we opened up the page
We spied a bold barcode

A lovely little carriage clock
Of Georgian age and more
I'm sure it just needs batteries
In the little plastic door

This little music antique box
Found deep on the sea bed
Says its from the Titanic 
Playing songs by Right said Fred!*

* Deeply dippy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You lovable weirdo