National poetry writing month

National poetry writing month
A month of madness

Monday 18 June 2018

Sitting when weeding can cause bum ache

day 80

I always sit when weeding
This was the right decision
because now aged are sagging
they tend to block my vision

So on the ground I sit now
My bum it touches earth
Though dirt does tend to find me
and sticks around my girth

I gather lots of green stuff
of earth and stuff from trees
I do not need a bucket
when it all goes up my sleeves

The trouble though with sitting
I find the sharpest weeds
And sitting on a big thorn
is something you don't need.

I find the worst of nettles
Sting me right up my bum
And sitting on a holly leaf
Is never really fun.

But worse of all with weeding
when backside is quite low
Is finding an old ants nest
All hidden down below

The red ones are a right bunch
not good when on all fours
They really pack a right punch
When crawling up your drawers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You lovable weirdo